The Business Basics grants program Round 3 will open 9am, 4 May 2022.
QLD's $5,000 Business Basics Grant Program - Opens 4th May
- Brisbane City Council
- City of Gold Coast
- Ipswich City Council
- Lockyer Valley Regional Council
- Logan City Council
- Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Noosa Shire Council
- Redlands City Council
- Scenic Rim Regional Council
- Somerset Regional Council
- Sunshine Coast Council
- Toowoomba Regional Council.
If you meet the following criteria, you can request a proposal from us which will be required in order to apply for this grant on the 4th of May.
To be eligible for this grant, your business must:
- not have been approved for funding under Round 1 or 2 of the Business Basics grants program
- have fewer than 20 employees (by head count) at the time of applying for the grant
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- have headquarters in Queensland and you are applying for a SEQ or regional grant depending on where your business is based
- have an expected turnover of $300,000 or less for the current financial year
- not have owners/directors that are insolvent or an undischarged bankrupt.
What this funding can and can't be used for
This funding can only be used for certain business activities. We will create your proposal based on what you select and what is applicable within this grant.
Training and coaching
- Business development, marketing, human resources or business planning topics
- Training or coaching of up to 4 months in duration
Website build or upgrades
- Website build or upgrade (including website refresh)
- Adding e-commerce
- Developing new website content
Professional business advice
- Business plans
Strategic marketing services
- Strategic marketing plans including search engine optimisation advice
Business continuity and succession
- Business continuity and succession plans
- Cybersafety training and tools
- activities bought using cryptocurrencies, barter, or services in-kind
- general business operating costs (e.g. bookkeeping or accounting, tax returns)
- real estate/property, hire, lease, or rental fees
- goods, services, or fees from related parties (include companies with common shareholdings or directors, employees or immediate family)
- franchise fees
- purchase of stock
- GST, registration, and fees
- maintenance of existing digital technologies
- computer hardware (e.g. computer servers, PCs, tablets/iPads, mobile phones)
- other hardware/devices/equipment (e.g. televisions, EFTPOS, card and chip readers)
- activities purchased through direct selling (e.g. by party plan or network marketing)
- delivery, credit card and transaction fees
- memberships and joining fees
- fleet vehicles
- website hosting
- implementation of marketing tactics such as advertising, direct marketing (e.g. telemarketing) or campaign delivery (e.g. Google AdWords, Facebook advertising or similar expenses).
Detailed Application Process
The application process is competitively assessed. However, we’ve already had success with previous rounds of this grant and know exactly how to organise your quotation and strategy for best possible chance of approval.
First we organise a strategy and quote which is required in order to apply for this grant. We’ve had many clients approved for previous rounds of this grant, so we have a complete understanding of what is needed in each application.
Once applications open at 9am, May 4th – we will guide you through applying online to give you the best possible chance for approval.
This grant is very competitive and it is competitively assessed.
When applications open, you must complete an online application in SmartyGrants. Applications submitted in person, via email or Australia Post will be ineligible.
Your application must include the following documents:
- a signed and witnessed statutory declaration from the business’s owner or director stating the business meets all grant eligibility criteria
- supplier quotes (no more than 2), dated after 13 April 2022, detailing description and costs of services, who will undertake the activity, and an outline of key activities. You will only be able to upload 1 quote per supplier.
Following closure of the round, we then run a competitive assessment process.
We will advise all applicants of the outcome of their grant application. Successful applicants will receive an approval letter outlining the funding agreement.
Grant recipients enter into a funding agreement with us and receive a single upfront grant payment of $5,000 (excluding GST).
Recipients must complete their grant-funded activity within 4 months of receiving their approval letter.
You must keep all application evidence, supplier quotes, corresponding invoices and bank transactions for audit purposes.
We've worked with the officials who assess the applications and know EXACTLY how to prepare them for quick approval.
It is a requirement that you have a strategic plan and quotation to show where the funds will be used. In addition, the strategy has to be inline with the requirements of this Grant. Luckily for us, we’ve had a long term relationship with the officials who assess these applications and they have provided us with the EXACT way that these quotations must be created.
Because of this, we’ve already had huge success with rounds 1 and 2 of the grant, with nearly 80% of our applications being approved.
Start the application process
Simply select all of the checkboxes to ensure your business is eligible, then choose from the options of how you plan to use your grant. From here we will give you a quick call to organise a strategy and quotation for your application.